RV Travels - States Visited

RV Travels - States Visited

WELCOME

To view our blog, we have found it easier if you would click on the Archived Month located below the "About Us" article. There will be a list of posts with the oldest one at the bottom. Start with the oldest one and continue to click on each one to view the posts for that month. When you have viewed all the posts for that month then click on the next month.
Note: To view pictures, just click on them with your mouse. Hit the back arrow on your browser to return to blog.

We hope this will make it easier for you to navigate the blog and all the posts.
Enjoy the Blogspot and if you have questions concerning our travels, routes, areas of interests, campgrounds, etc., please email us at: sperrysrv@gmail.com

Sunday, August 2, 2009

FRIDAY, JULY 31st - Missouri

Hello everyone,
We spent the night in a Rest Area on I-70 at mile marker 58 in Missouri. We were not alone. We must have had an army of 18 wheelers all running their engines or reefers all night. Dusty is well insulated so the noise was not the problem. It was the vibration I felt when lying in the bed. I eventually fell asleep.

When I got up and finished getting dressed I went to the kitchen table to have my coffee and Sharon was sitting on the sofa ready to hit the road. I said" Aren't you fixing any breakfast this morning?" I guess I had that deer-in-the-headlight look because she smartly reminded me that I promised to take her to a Cracker Barrel restaurant for breakfast. I must have been pretty tired when we stopped last night. Oh well, promises are promises kept!

I turned on Rhoda (our GPS) and told her to find a Cracker Barrel somewhere east of here. We started Dusty and hit the road. Breakfast is being served 60 miles down the interstate.
Enjoy the pictures and comments.........


Cracker Barrel breakfast for me is the Old Timer Breakfast. Florida orange juice, 2 eggs, biscuits & gravy, 2 sausage patties, fried apples, and grits. Yummy!!!!!
Sharon usually eats the grits and helps me with the apples while she enjoys biscuits and gravy and one of my sausage patties. I love this place for breakfast.
This is the first time we have ate at Cracker Barrel since we left Florida.


We finally drove out of the flat country even if it is just for a little while.







Weight limit on this bridge over the Missouri River was 20 tons. They had that much weight with the construction equipment that was parked on the bridge not to mention the steady line of traffic due to only one lane open.





This is a beautiful country drive along the Meramec River.








We finally made it to the caverns. By the way, Sharon doesn't do caves very well at all. She held her feelings in check and pushed herself through it all. She didn't say much and she squeezed my hand a lot. I'm really proud of her for pushing herself as hard as she did.



The 3 sided Visitor Center uses the cavern for the back side. The entrance to the cave provides a constant temperature to the Visitors Center all year.







Most caverns has the same similarities so I will only post a couple of the pictures we took.







We watch a light show here while we listened to a recording of Kate Smith singing "God Bless America".






We drove back to the interstate and pulled into a KOA campground for the night. Since it was early I took a nap while Sharon did the laundry. (I know - a womans work is never done)
The steaks on the grill turned out really great as we sat outside and enjoyed the cool evening.

Our plan for tomorrow is to tour the Gateway Arch in downtown St. Louis and then have dinner on a river boat on the Mississippi.

Join us again on our next adventure. Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment